It is a very important information that we want to make sure every Customer understands. Over the years we have run into all kinds of people who have asked us to do all kinds of things. When we are on the clock we work for you and will make every effort to do what you ask. However, please be advised that certain things you may ask for come with certain risks, and we cannot be responsible for the results of these requests. So as you read this, try to put yourself in our shoes – imagine what circumstances might have motivated us to add a particular policy. These policies are for your protection as well as for ours.
- Guidance, walk-through and payment.The Сustomer or their representative must be present during the move at all times. We need your guidance! It is Сustomer’s responsibility to do a final “walk-through” of the premises to ensure we have taken everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed. Having your cash or credit/debit card ready will save you time and money. Please note: we do not accept checks. For credit card payment your name and the name on the credit card should match. You will be asked to sign for credit card payment.
- Long Distance Moves (above 50 miles). We accept cash or credit/debit card on delivery. Please note: we do not accept checks. For credit card payment your name and the name on the credit card should match. You will be asked to sign for credit card payment
- Parking arrangements.A Customer is responsible for requesting moving permits if ones may be required. We can only recommend getting permits for all moves as they guarantee parking the moving truck as close as possible to your doorway. Because you are familiar with the parking situation on your street, you must decide if you need one, or if you can manage parking on your own. In most cases we require 35-40 feet to park the truck. Please get moving permits if you think movers may have trouble parking at your address or let us know so we can take appropriate arrangements for you. If there is nowhere to park at the time of movers’ arrival, the crew will start your moving clock while they will be searching for parking. A driver reserves the right to park anywhere at their discretion to better perform services, even if it is illegal and/or they have to double-park. A Customer agrees to pay any parking fees or tickets assessed to the carrier for any vehicle under hire by the Customer at the time of the charge.
- Loading / Unloading. If Two Men and a Moving Van LLC. is only providing loading or unloading services, we are not responsible for any damages, which may occur in transporting the furniture and is released of all liability after loading the truck prior to unloading. We are only responsible for items in our immediate care, custody and control.
- Damages and claims.Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and Customers. However, the final inspection is the responsibility of a Customer. All of our Customers sign a bill of lading upon completion of a move. It reads “The above services were rendered and all goods delivered in good order, except as noted”. For any insurance company this document is critical in noting charges the same day to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as it is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL.
- Refrigerator move.We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. We are happy to load these last and unload them first.
- Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers. Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it is overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it is usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through.
- Last minute change of service.If a move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, Two Men and a Moving Van LLC. reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. For example, you have originally ordered services for a two-room move only. On the day of the move you add additional rooms to move, not mentioned at the time of the request, additional pick-ups/drop-offs, etc., which will significantly increase total move time. In order to make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs this day.
- Flat screen TVs. These are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, slight bumps, and altitude changes. The original packaging is the best. In any case, please note that in the absence of physical evidence of external damage or negligence (visible damage) we are not responsible for TVs functioning after delivery.
- Weather conditions. Two Men and a Moving Van LLC. reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow emergency, hurricane warning, weather travel ban, etc.
- Crew size. Two Men and a Moving Van LLC. reserves the right to choose the number of movers for each job, depending on our current schedule, availability, weather conditions, etc.
- Driver hours and regulations.We reserve the right to limit our workday to 12 hours. In certain cases, due to DOT hours of service rules for drivers, we may need to cut a job short or send a replacement driver to avoid violating these regulations.
- Appliances. Two Men and a Moving Van is not responsible for damage to plumbing, electrical systems, or for water damage associated with the connection or disconnection of washers and dryers.
- Heavy and oversized item move. Our personnel will move your pianos, appliances, and items over 300 lbs. if indeed and the work can be done safely. Unfortunately, damage may occur to floor surfaces. If you wish to take this risk, Two Men and a Moving Van LLC. will not be responsible for it. Please note, if a heavy items was not mentioned upon the confirmation of your move, our personnel will have the right to charge extra fees for lifting the heavy item on the site.
- Piano move.During the move we do not move large upright pianos up or down flights of stairs inside the house. We only move pianos from ground to ground floor. We encourage sending us pictures of entrances at each location so that we can confirm that we can move your piano. There may be circumstances when we cannot safely move items and will need to discuss the situation with you. If the piano has lightweight legs (usually the front) we will not be responsible if they will not go back on when we take them off (sometimes the nut inside the piano is loose and will turn when you try to replace the leg). If a Customer elects to leave the legs on we will not be responsible if damage occurs to them.
If a piano move was not discussed upon the confirmation of your move, our personnel will have the right to charge extra fees for lifting the heavy item on the site.